Fresh Pineapple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as an appetizer, you take a chunk of pineapple and a small chunk of sharp cheddar cheese and stick them on a toothpick. The sweet pineapple and the sharp cheddar go great together.

This may sound weird, but I've made a casserole out of beef hot dogs, baked beans, and chunks of pineapple. You slice the hot dog up, and add the rest and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Sure hot dogs are not healthy, but this dish is really yummy.

I also like making a fresh fruit salad using pineapple and all my favorite fruits. I use pineapple, pears, oranges, nectarines, strawberries, and red and green grapes. The oranges and pineapple have alot of juice which makes the salad taste great. Too bad I cant find any good fruit this time of year.

Oh and here is one of my favorites for using pineapple. Slice it into rings, not chunks, and sprinkle with light brown sugar and grill on a grill pan or on your outdoor grill (who cares if its winter, its good anytime!) The brown sugar carmelizes on the pineapple, oh so yummy!

Smoothies are good too. Just add your pineapple chunks to a blender, along with other favorite fruits, add ice, fruit juice of your choice, and drink...might be good with a splash of rum if your of age of course!

Pineapple upside down cake is fantastic too as some here have mentioned.

I purchased one and cut it. (Actually, my daughter cut it as I have a sore wrist.) I put it in the fridge. MMMMMM. DELICIOUS. Just eat it plain for a tasty dessert. :D

My favorite is also on the grill,
but I prefer to soak it in beef broth, as well as onion wedges, and red bell pepper slices...and grill it them together.

(How thoughtful to send all that pineapple!)

You can try it dipped in sweetened condensed milk. But don't have too much of it - it can loosen things up a bit.

Or mix up some salt with chili powder (not the dark brown stuff, the bright red stuff) and dip pineapple into that.

Back
Top Bottom