Fruit Poll - Which is your favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite fruit?

• A: Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Cranberry

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • B: Oranges, Tangerines, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C: Pineapple, Mango, Guava, Feijoa, Banana

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • D: Plum, Apple, Peach, Nectarine, Loquat, Apricot, Pear, Persimmon, Fig, Pluot, Pomegranate

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • E: Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Watermelon, Casaba, Crenshaw

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • F: Tomato, Grape and all other things similar

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • G: Other

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
HanArt said:
unless you strip the kernels from the cob and the meat from the bones you're outa luck with the other two.

I eat corn on the cob all the time - I just stand the corn on one end on the plate and then cut with a sharp knife, going downward toward the plate. It's wonderful, and quite often, the corn stays in large groups. Try it!
(As for ribs, even when cut off of the bone, I just don't care much for them)

Middie, without forks...I'd use my tools from my toolbelt. Yes, I am a walking self-contradictory oxymoron.

okay smarty pants what if you didn't have your toolbelt then??? lol
and NO you can't go borrowing other people's toolbelts !

hmmm. Well, then, I'd probably fashion one out of the limb of my fig tree.
And, that's Miss Smarty Pants to you

(hee hee hee)

Lychees are my favourite fruit. I found some in Marshalls the other day that were preserved in Sake....I ate them straight out the jar, then drank the Sake syrup... and I didn't share either!!!

Paint.

jkath said:
I never tried it, as I am not a fan of the watermelon. I'm one of those "proper freaks" that won't eat messy foods without a fork. Thus, no watermelon , no corn on the cob, no ribs...etc. I even ate pizza with a knife and fork until my h wouldn't stop teasing me.
Now now there Missy, watermelon can to be eaten with a fork:ROFLMAO: I'v never ever just picked it up and munched away..Can't do it to drippy, but love melon and use a fork and knife YEP i do...The only rude thing I do is SPIT out the seeds :ROFLMAO: Corn on the cob Oh no your missing a great treat...Tell ya what, wait til your all alone, then hang over the sink but use corn tines and just douse the thing in butter and go for it..I dare ya:LOL: I don't eat ribs either so Ma will let ya off the hook there:LOL:
Kadesma:angel:

jkath said:
I never tried it, as I am not a fan of the watermelon. I'm one of those "proper freaks" that won't eat messy foods without a fork. Thus, no watermelon , no corn on the cob, no ribs...etc. I even ate pizza with a knife and fork until my h wouldn't stop teasing me.

I STILL eat Pizza with a knife and fork....so does my husband. Our kids think we're weird!!

Paint.

Paint said:
I STILL eat Pizza with a knife and fork....so does my husband. Our kids think we're weird!!

Paint.
I use a fork too..That's not weird, it's smart..Nothing worse than molten cheese running down your lip and over your chin..Hurts like uhhhh blazes:ROFLMAO:
kadesma:LOL:

*sigh of relief*
Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Kadesma - I just don't like getting messy - Mom said I was an easy kid (this is where my OCD kicks in) I'd beg to wear Sunday dresses every day and I never got dirty 'cause it was icky. (unlike my tomboy sister)

I picked the melons.. but, only because I had watermelon the other day and it was so good. I really love peaches and apples and grapes and pears and plums! They are all so good.

jkath said:
I eat corn on the cob all the time - I just stand the corn on one end on the plate and then cut with a sharp knife, going downward toward the plate. It's wonderful, and quite often, the corn stays in large groups. Try it!

I do that when I blanch corn for the freezer or add kernels to black bean salad ... but there's nothing like eating it right off the cob!

I guess you don't eat boiled seafood either ... crawfish, shrimp, lobster, crabs? What about fried chicken, French fries, popcorn?

no seafood, but that's cause I really don't like it. I am, however, learning how to cook it for my family, as I don't want them to miss out on it. I really don't eat fried foods, except french fries, and those are few and far between, as my mouth gets horrible reactions from salts. But, give me a plate of veggies, a steak, some pasta and a glass of milk and I am one happy camper!

What about hamburgers, beignets (oops! that's fried), cheese & crackers, chips & salsa, crudites, chocolate-covered strawberries, cookies, bbq chicken, roasted peanuts, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, olives, pickles, chcolate truffles ... the list is endless! :ohmy:

forks work wonders! It's not that I don't eat things without forks, I just choose to eat foods that don't drip, or are greasy.

Soooo hard to pick but berries win out for me. Close on their heels are melons, tropical fruits, pears, grapes, figs and apples.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom