Glazed Nuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
In a heavy skillet with oven safe handle, combine 3 cups of your fav nuts, I like pecans or almonds, with 1 cup of sugar, and 4 tab. of butter or margarine. Cook over med heat stirring constantly until nuts are toasted and sugar melted and turns a nice rich brown color. this takes for 9 to 15 min. Remove from heat stir in 1 tea. Vanilla; spread nuts on sheet of aluminum foil sprinkle with sea salt cool and break into clusters and enjoy.
kades

Oh, I'm not sure if I'm glad you posted this. ;) :pig:

Was there supposed to be a step where the nuts go in the oven, Since the skillet is supposed to have an oven safe handle?

I too love flavored nuts. Being from the south pecans are plentiful and lots of homes have trees. What I have been trying to figure out is how to make the Habernero nuts that you buy in the stores. Any ideas?

I too love flavored nuts. Being from the south pecans are plentiful and lots of homes have trees. What I have been trying to figure out is how to make the Habernero nuts that you buy in the stores. Any ideas?

You can buy habañero powder, like cayenne powder. Or buy or grow some habañeros, dry them and grind your own powder. Then add it to the recipe.

Oh, I'm not sure if I'm glad you posted this. ;) :pig:

Was there supposed to be a step where the nuts go in the oven, Since the skillet is supposed to have an oven safe handle?
No I just goofed just like I do at times. So sorry for this missed step.
kades

just can't imagine covering me nuts in sugar & stuff then sticking them in a skillet over a mediun heat til they are toasted....hmmmm....on the other hand maybe...:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!!.....ok,ok,i'll get me coat......:rolleyes:

I use cinnamon sugar, and no butter. Just keep tossing the nuts and sugar until the sugar caramelizes. You can use a lot of sugar or just a little--your choice. If the glaze is not thick enough to suit you, sprinkle on more sugar.

Yummy! Thanks, kades! Just in time for holiday gift treats, too. Well, almost. :LOL:

When you add the vanilla, it will really sizzle and boil for a few seconds. Must work fast at this point - stir quickly and spread them out on the aluminum foil as soon as possible. :)

just can't imagine covering me nuts in sugar & stuff then sticking them in a skillet over a mediun heat til they are toasted....hmmmm....on the other hand maybe...:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!!.....ok,ok,i'll get me coat......:rolleyes:
Did you find your coat?:LOL: You don't need to cover any nuts in sugar and butter I'll make some for you.
kades

I use cinnamon sugar, and no butter. Just keep tossing the nuts and sugar until the sugar caramelizes. You can use a lot of sugar or just a little--your choice. If the glaze is not thick enough to suit you, sprinkle on more sugar.
Thanks for the idea, i'll try some this way I haven't been able to keep butter around here for long lately.
kades

Since we seem to be on a nut kick how about some nuts with no sugar? If you want dry fry your nuts of choice in a non stick skillet, lets say almonds, When the nuts turn golden transfer them to a dish and season with smoked paprika and sea salt. or try hazelnuts and cinnamon with salt, peanuts with 5-spice powder, maybe macadamia's with curry and salt or cardamom, sesame seeds , or try some ginger and salt. Anyone have any more ideas?
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom