Got a glut of bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When Elvis would visit Twin Oaks this is how he liked them done. Bertha would usually fix a minimum of three for him. I prefered mine at room temp, no butter and with mayo.

1 small ripe banana
2 slices white bread
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter
In a small bowl, mash the banana with the back of a spoon. Toast bread lightly. Spread the peanut butter on one piece of toast and the mashed banana on the other. Fry the sandwich (or sammich) in melted butter until each side is golden brown. Cut diagonally and serve hot.

Uncle Bob, I heard that the "King" loved those sammies fried in bacon grease, not butter. That is where my oldest got the notion to try it that way and she stills makes them the same now, lol.

turtledove said:
Uncle Bob, I heard that the "King" loved those sammies fried in bacon grease, not butter. That is where my oldest got the notion to try it that way and she stills makes them the same now, lol.

I think you have reference to a "Gold Loaf"...French bread scooped out and toasted. Fill with Skippy's and Smuckers grape jelly and copious amounts of fried bacon! Top and chow down! The idea came from a little joint around Denver Co.

Not quite, it was something I read about him liking the 'naner-peanut butter sammies fried in bacon grease. I could be wrong; anyway as I said, that is the way my oldest likes them done because that is what we heard. Just makes me happy that the kid has good taste in some of her music choices!!!

Some great ideas here guys - thanks for the repsonses.

I particularly like the bread pudding, the banana bread and the frozen nanas-on-a-stick.

The "sammich" is just making my arteries seize looking at it! lol.

Back
Top Bottom