Have you ever heard of doing this to watermelon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What? You thought I was kidding?

img_590475_0_391070028937df68b20cf573ac4916bb.jpg

Why would it be a waste miniman? It is a recipe just like anything else. You are not ruining the fruit by doing this.

It would be a waste of some good booze if it didn't work. I 'jammed' it in there Friday. I'm going to try to make a parfait with it.

Granita?....

Of course in Philly we perfer our woodermelon flavored wooderice:glare:

Ha! Too funny. We just watched "Dave and Dave Eat PA" on PBS and they had some wooder ice. We never heard of that on the west end of the state. Here we just call it Italian Ice. And we have an Ice Ball guy (Gus and YaYa's) down the street. But I gotsa get me some Philly Wooderice.

Come to think of it, a woodermelon wooderice with some Vodka sounds yum.:brows:
Jeenks can you fit a little bottle of Schnapps in there, too?

works great with one of those flavor injectors as well... works much faster. lol.

Also works in reverse as well... take an old glass liquor bottle and cut up pretty much any kind of fruit (my favorite was always canteloupe) and fill the bottle about 2/3 full, then funnel in some vodka, close the top tightly, and shove it in the freezer. Periodic testing and sampling will give you the right amount of time ;) to keep it in there. Usually a week or does it... then strain out the fruit, and there ya go...flavored vodka

Last edited:
Done it lots of times...and it always works just fine. The reason for the vodka is that you don't change the flavour of the watermelon that way. Would you really want a wine falvoured watermelon?

Alright alright alright! I got me a mini melon! I'll let ya know how it turns out!!!!

I was chatting with a friend from Taiwan this afternoon and he says that in Tainwan his family used to buy a large watermellon, cut a hole in the top, and afix a bottle of vodka to it untill it all drained into the mellon. The next day they'd eat it and, acording to him, the watermellon absorbed all the liquor.

If that's possible I was thinking that might be nice with a good wine or a wine and rum mixture.

Has anyone ever tried this? Even if you haven't what kind of liquids do you think would work well?
Yes I have tried it, and it is beautiful but very very strong ( for me any way ), But I also loved it with Malibu and also Bacardi, not at the same time though (WHoooo), its a great after dinner refresher, (If u can call it that) gets a lot of people talking.:LOL:

LOL AMS!!!! Ok, one complaint, my vodka keeps leaking out around the funnel! Do I keep pouring it in until it is all absorbed?

Back
Top Bottom