ISO cooked apple recipe to go with pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pig farmer

Assistant Cook
Going to cook a pork tenderloin. I need a recipe for cooked apples to go with it. Thanks.

I am assuming you want some apple sauce to go with your roast.

I peel, core and chop my apples. Simmer in a little water - you can also add a little sugar to taste. You could also add some cinnamon or nutmeg. When the apple is soft whisk it up with a forkk and a little butter.

I am not sure if you are looking for apple sauce like miniman posted, or about cooking apples with the pork tenderloin, or making an apple sauce to go over the pork while it is cooking??

I just cook a few sliced apples in a pan with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and a squeeze of lemon juice. You can add a few raisins if you like them.

I just cook a few sliced apples in a pan with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and a squeeze of lemon juice. You can add a few raisins if you like them.

My great grandma was German and if we had pork chops for dinner you could bet on a dish of baked apples as well.

So I was the only one confused, sad thing is I think I still am, LOL. When I first thought pork loin I also thought a marinade or basted in an apple sauce. Or like we used to do pork chops, cooking in the skillet with sliced up apples.
You guys are talking a side dish to compliment the pork loin (IE dip the meat in), am I correct?
They do sound very tasty for sure, especially Constance's version, love the cinnamon in them.

LOL Mav - you crack me up! Yes, side dish I think is what was wanted. I wouldn't have thought "dip" right away, but, that's probably how it gets eaten! :LOL:

I too do what Constance does. It's simple and delish! Katie - I will try your pineapple next time. :pig:

Back
Top Bottom