ISO Dried Cranberry recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made these last x-mas for gifts and they were a huge hit! For the chocoholics, I dipped them in semi-sweet chocolate. Hope this is helpful!

Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
1 1/3 dried cranberries (¼ lb)
2 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar ½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon salt
3 large eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup salted shell pistachios
1 large egg beaten with 1 teaspoon milk
1. Soak cranberries in boiling hot water to cover in a small bowl until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain, then pat dry with paper towels.
2. Preheat oven to
325°F. Butter and flour a large baking sheet, knocking off excess flour.
3. Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and powder in a large bowl, with an electric mixer at moderate speed until combined well. Add eggs and vanilla and beat just until a dough forms. Add cranberries and pistachios and mix at low speed.
4. Turn out dough onto a well-floured surface and knead several times. Halve dough, then form each half into a 13-by-2 inch slightly flattened log on baking sheet, using floured hands and spacing logs about 3 inches apart. Brush logs with egg wash.
5. Bake in middle of oven until golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool logs on baking sheet on a rack for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut diagonally into ½-inch slices with a serrated knife. Arrange slices, a cut side down, in 1 layer on baking sheet (don’t worry if slices touch each other). Bake in middle of oven turning once, until golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes total.
Biscotti will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks

I'm glad this got bumped. I bought a huge bag of these last weekend. I think I am going to make oatmeal cookies with them for starters.

I was looking at all these wonderful recipes making up my mind what to make for dinner and DH says we are going to Outback. I don't know what I will have now. My cookbook is getting almost as fat as I am with all the great things I've printed from here.

i tried them with a few ideas our crew gave me. i put them into stuffed chicken breast and it was a neat flavor. different. i think i'll make it again.

and this isn't a recipe, but do you like bran flakes? cranberries and bran flakes are good together.

luvs_food you idea about bran flakes reminded (in a round about way) me of how cranberries/cranberry juice is often used as a preventative measure against bladder (UTI) infections or to combat the affects of one that is in progress. But did you know that blueberries also contain the same properties that make cranberries helpful against urinary infections :)

Back
Top Bottom