ISO: Grapefruit Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
Love grapefruit. Looking for some inspirational ideas. Have had it au natural, in salads - pink with a cherry on top, broiled (& make a fish dish with grapes -- may try that with grapefruit next time).

Any creative ideas with grapefruit? TIA

use it as a bowling ball??

I've always just had it sliced with a little sugar on top.

• Make a big ol' fruit salad and squeeze the grapefruit on it
  • top with brown sugar and broil
  • grapefruit sorbet
  • fresh-squeezed grapefruit with a quality vodka! :chef: Can I borrow a grapefruit? :angel:

grapefruit

Just an aside. If you take any kinds of medications, make sure you can have grapefruit.......seems there are a lot of meds and grapefruit that don't go well together.

I always put a little salt on my grapefruit. A gal at work told me to try it and I loved it. Won't eat it any other way now.

You could squeeze it into a stir fry. I just learned that citrus is good in simple stir fries... (I haven't tried this yet) I'm leaving it up to you to be the inventor of grapefruit chicken stir fry. Use a little honey or Agave, ginger, soy, garlic, sesame seed oil, grapefruit juice (fresh squeezed of course), and see what happens...

You could squeeze it into a stir fry. I just learned that citrus is good in simple stir fries... (I haven't tried this yet) I'm leaving it up to you to be the inventor of grapefruit chicken stir fry. Use a little honey or Agave, ginger, soy, garlic, sesame seed oil, grapefruit juice (fresh squeezed of course), and see what happens...

YUM! Love your idea. Thank you. :)

Ladycook, need to buy some Honey as well. :cool:

Maybe skewer some shrimp an pop them on the grill.....ummm....couple drops of hot sauce and a squeeze of a grapefruit.......top some lettuce with the shrimp, grapefruit pieces and something else...:angel:...avocado chunks?...maybe a raspberry vinigarette dressing?

And some kind of toasted nut.:chef:

Pink grapefruit goes really well with salad and aioli as the backdrop for grilled squid pieces. Sorbet would be my choice. You could substitute the grapefruit for the lemon in a lemon meringue pie.

Thanks for all the ideas. You guys are the best. Jeeks, love the shrimp & avo suggestion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom