ISO help to ID an exotic fruit I bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will do, Quicksilver. I sent her an email to check out this thread so maybe she'll see it herself. Karen's work is beautiful and I look forward to seeing it displayed on Thursday She's already sold 4 pieces!

Hola amigos! Gosh, it is SO nice to be missed - thank you. I've been really busy getting everything ready for our first ArtWalk tomorrow night. Laury has been an excellent surrogate - I'm sure she is right about the fruit. It needs to be pretty soft to be ripe, and it is best used as a base for agua fresca...all those seeds are pretty daunting. We do have breadfruit here, Laury - it is called guanabana. It seems to me that the season was about the same as mangos, putting it midsummer. Our neighbor has a tree and always gives us some. I get rid of the seeds, puree it and use it for agua fresca. It is very sweet and tangy - sort of like guayaba (guava). But I have a pint of the puree in my freezer (along with a pint of mango puree), thinking that I would make a "curd" out of them and use it to fill a coconut cake. It has just been too hot for such an ambitious undertaking.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and compliments...we are hanging ten new paintings for the ArtWalk and today I am busy printing cards. Sometimes I have to pinch myself - I am truly living my dream, in many many ways.

So good for you, Karen. Sounds like you're living many dreams!
Good luck tomorrow night....and enjoy yourself.
Thanks for getting back to us, as busy as you are. We miss you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom