ISO ideas for mushy apples

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I have some Gala apples that are too mushy for my tastes. Does anyone have idea on what I can do with them, other than pitch them?

You can try to grate them and use them to make apple bread or muffins.

cook them with potatoes and onions.
grate them for pancakes or muffins.
add them to sauerkraut
Core them, add a dot of butter and granola, then bake them.
applesauce.
oatmeal.
Slice, grill, and serve atop a turkey sandwich.

Saute them with some onion, garlic, mushrooms, fresh thyme, deglaze with some calvados and use as a stuffing for pork tenderloin.

Or, fry in butter with a bit of sugar (maple sugar is really nice), nutmeg, vanilla, and use them in crepes.

Make a crockpot of saurkraut, cabbage, apples and some sort of pork, e.g. ribs (spare or country style), pork chops or kielbasa.

Lee

core and slice then put in crockpot and sprinkle with spices, ie cinamon. in crockpot for 6-8 hours. put in serving bowl and top with frozen yogurt. :)

pass them on to the kids--you'd be surprised at what they'll eat....I don't know how mushy you're talking, however....my granddaughter knows that if she asks for something sweet she is going to get a fruit offerred............Gramma doesn't give sweets until fruit or cheese have been eaten first

Baked apples, with cinnamon, chopped pecans and currants or chopped raisins, it is delicious, you can also add honey

If you are doing a pork roast, you can cut the (peeled) apples into sections, sprinkle with cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar on them and put the roast on top of them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom