ISO Mango Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...and yesterday, I had for lunch a 'Mango Tandoori Chicken Pizza' - very tasty, but the ingredient that stood out was the drizzle - a mango sweet chili sauce - that was wonderful.

I'm thinking a little mango puree mixed into Asian Sweet Chili sauce would be it! :)

Thanks again everyone!

I made up a batch of mango salsa and basically followed my salsa recipe but used the mango vs the tomatoes and its really good. I'm going to sear me a tuna steak for lunch today and serve this alongside.

I'm going to give the smoothy a try next time.

Mango, avocado, shrimp salad. I'll try to post a recipe. It is a favorite summer salad for our beach trips.

I eat mangos right off the pit... But if you really want to cook with them, I made a wonderful mango mousse. I took the recipe from my "Better Homes and Gardens: The Cookbook". It was pure decadence, and really put forward the uniquely creamy sweet taste of the mango fruit.

CassiesKitchen said:
I eat mangos right off the pit... But if you really want to cook with them, I made a wonderful mango mousse. I took the recipe from my "Better Homes and Gardens: The Cookbook". It was pure decadence, and really put forward the uniquely creamy sweet taste of the mango fruit.

I do the same, I make a big mess eating it too! Have one in the fruit basket waiting to be eaten tomorrow!! ;)

Oh yes! Big mess XD I'm convinced that it makes a great facial therapy. The only inconvenience is picking the fibres out of your teeth but so small compared to the joy of eating a just ripe mango.

At some point last summer I posted a recipe here for a mango soup. As I recall, it was amazing. I'll make that again as soon as the crop comes in!

Shrimp Avocado Mango salad- this is absolutely wonderful

Mango avocado shrimp salad
2 x ripe mangos, diced<
2 x ripe avocados, diced<
1 x small romaine lettuce, washed and torn into small pieces
1 x TBL chopped fresh coriander
1 LB cleaned, precooked large shrimp defrosted
1 x cup cooked rice or small pasta (I use orzo ie rice shaped pasta
Dressing:
2 x TBL fresh lemon juice
2 x cloves galic minced
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated or minced
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp (turmeric)
2 tsp sugar
Put lettuce on large platter. Layer Avo then pasta then mango and lastly shrimp.Sprinkle well mixed dressing over the entire salad.I've found that in fact, this is nicer if the shrimp and mango are first put into a plastic bag with the dressing for a couple of hours .Serve sprinkled with cilantro.

Last edited:
I cannot thank you guys enough for all the responses....I truely do appreciate them. My mango recipe storage folder is quite happy :)

Wow, I realize that this thread has been around for awhile, but I was looking for mango recipes today, did a search, and got all these great ideas. My husband came home a few hours ago from helping a friend move, and had two big bags (about 3 kilos, or 6.6 pounds) of fresh ripe mangos that he bought from a farmer for only 28 pesos (about $2.50). Oh gosh. They are so sweet and taste just like sunshine. What to do with all of them? Well, we gave some to the neighbor who makes us fresh tortillas. Then I made mango agua fresca with a bunch of them...just pop the peeled, sliced mangos in a blender and puree. In a two liter jug, use about a cup of mango puree and a cup of sugar. Add water. Chill, serve over ice. Very refreshing! Now, I'll also make some mango salsa and I am thinking mango mousse - I have a fresh carton of thick whipping cream....thanks to all of you for your inspirations! Karen

Back
Top Bottom