ISO uses for Pepino Melon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I bought a Pepino Melon today, out of sheer curiosity. It is a ovely fruit, about the size of an overgrown plum, with a gorgeous golden mustard colored skin and deep violet/brown stripes going lengthwise.
I looked it up and saw you can chop it and eat it plain, or over a spinach salad, but was wondering if anyone else had any ideas for this little beauty.
Here's a photo I googled:

march2005.jpg

i don't like melons but maybe try it in a fruit salad. or make a smoothie using them ? or some kind of melon soup ?

Even though they're called melons, they're tiny! The whole thing fits in my hand. I think I'll cut into it today, and if it's good, I'll buy more and create something fun.

Thanks Middie!

How about a nice fruit salsa for scrambled eggs?

How about filling it with a nice cottage cheese and serving it with lemon poppyseed dressing?

Maybe add it to some grilled shrimp, a little minced shallot, a touch of fresh mint and drizzle with watermelon honey? YUM:rolleyes:

wonderful ideas!
(although I'm not a seafood person, so whenever someone suggests shrimp, I substitute the word "chicken" :rolleyes:)

thank you so much!

Maybe cut it in half and grill it along with a pork tenderloin. Or use a melon baller and then freeze the balls for a good cold summery snack, or make a frozen margarita! Or puree it, and stick it in those pre made popsicle forms :) Or serve it as an appetizer with some proscuito wrapped around it.

Back
Top Bottom