Juicer Tool.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So do I. But they (OXO) seem to have lost their way with some of their products.

I get a feeling now that they try for products that work well and are a bit different in some way from the usual version of the same tool. If you start doing that, then you have people bringing you a lot of prospective ideas and noticing prototypes at trade shows mainly because they are different. Some that reach production are very good because they are different. With some, being different just makes them odd. But still, I always start out with a high expectation that I'll end up with their product.

There is a small plastic "spigot" included in the 5# bag of lemons I buy at HEB grocery. You cut off the tip of the lemon, stick it in and squeeze some. Works pretty well. We use the flip-type hand squeezer at my work. I have to squeeze ALOT of citrus sometimes and it works really efficiently. Though I do think it takes a toll on the hand muscles. Mine have built up over the years, so it doesn't bother me as much. And, as a side mote, OXO has completely dropped the ball on all their products. I used some of their stuff exclusively until they became overly ergonomic and cheaply made. Yet, somehow it costs more...now I just hit the restaurant supply store and buy generic brand.

Last edited:
Today, I bought an OXO juicer, because I got wind of an America's Test Kitchen recommendation, and I wanted something to cleanly just produce a small glass of juice in the morning.

176882e.jpg

I must say, it definitely strips the guts and juice out of an orange half and cleans up very quickly.
I love OXO stuff also. Does that have a strainer to catch the seeds?

Yes. The metal part you can see part of in the photo is the catch. It can miss one or two very small, immature seeds, but that seems to be the choice, between clogging frequently and not catching absolutely everything. That metal piece connect the large reamer (oranges) and the small reamer (lemons). You turn that whole piece over to change. One thing that seems to be true about this one is that you shouldn't press too hard. The key is in that open structure of the reamer, and if you push too hard, you strip too much pulp intact through the open space, rather than getting all the juice out. With a light touch, I end up with a dry, stripped out half.

I don't always buy OXO but have had very good experience with what I have bought and used.

The big soft handles are good to use. Maybe the problem is that as our hands get older and weaker or more painful from arthritis and other maladies, they need something different.

Maybe OXO should create a product line for older, smaller, weaker hands.

I dislike the OXO corkscrew because it's always difficult to get the cork out, more difficult than my previous corkscrew. IMO the OXO should have a heavier duty screw. It doesn't look like it'll last for the long run.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom