Juicer Tool.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I have a bunch of Lemons to Juice..

Does this tool work?

Eric, Austin Tx.

Attachments

• juicer.jpg
    juicer.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 209
I have one of those. It works pretty well. It's not so hard that most people will have trouble, but there are enough comments that it's too hard, that I have to assume it's a problem for people with little hand strength. It does not deal well with anything too large to fit into the bowl, like an orange. Tends to shoot juice out the sides.

This also works well, but you have to chase the seeds:
olivewood_citrus.jpg

I reach for the olive wood juicer when I just need the juice of one lemon.

I have the olive wood juicer I use for a single fruit.
I also have one similar to this for larger quantities of juice.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 173
Nifty. Mine is very old. It's porcelain and doesn't have the strainer and catcher bowl.

It was a cheap and low-tech solution but it works great! I use it for lemons and limes and it wrings all the juice out of them.

Does this tool work?

Eric, Austin Tx.

Yeah I think it works week. Still takes some pressure but since its got a lever it is much easier then by hand

I have one. It's not that it's hard at all...your hand just gets tired of pressing the handles together...After about four lemons your hand really gets a workout.

I have that tool and use it all the time when I have a few lemons to squeeze but they can't be giant lemons or they don't fit. Otherwise works great. But if I am squeezing like a lot of lemons or limes I whip out electric reamer thingey for oranges and use it for lemons. Its hard to clean so I don't use the electric one unless I have to.

The press works. I prefer the juicer that Andy posted.

I'd use the juicer for lemons and oranges. I'd use the press for limes.

giggler said:

Does this tool work?

Eric, Austin Tx.

I love mine. You put the lemon halves in upside down and backwards, contrary to what it looks like you should do.

I love mine. You put the lemon halves in upside down and backwards, contrary to what it looks like you should do.
I learned that too. The holes are on the "wrong" side. You have to place the half lemon or lime in the anti-intuitive position and then it works really better..

Clever marketing. Yellow one for lemons, green for limes and an orange one for (you gessed it) oranges. Each one is a different size. I have an old green depression glass one that your grandmother used. But I also have the one pictured with the bowl below the reamer. It catches the seeds and lets the juice through to the bowl. And if I am in a hurry, I just use a fork and my tongs for squeezing. :yum:

I have, always had, strong hands but can't use the hand-squeeze juicers anymore because arthritis has claimed both my hands. Instead I use this juicer. It squeezes the bejeepers out of lemons, oranges, whatever...and I don't have to strain to use it.

Katie H said:
I have, always had, strong hands but can't use the hand-squeeze juicers anymore because arthritis has claimed both my hands. Instead I use this juicer. It squeezes the bejeepers out of lemons, oranges, whatever...and I don't have to strain to use it.

It's so cute! Looks like ET!

Where did you find it, Katie?

Last edited:

I remember them from my childhood. Was going to buy one, then I saw the tong trick. So I do that most of the time. :chef:

I had one of those. I bought it as a replica at an "antique" store. They were all the rage here in Montreal in the early 90's. My ex got it. :ermm:

I had one of those. I bought it as a replica at an "antique" store. They were all the rage here in Montreal in the early 90's. My ex got it. :ermm:

Looked at Amazon. The least expensive one was $45.00. The most expensive one was $5,000.00. That is not a misprint. It is for restaurant use. You load up the oranges in a tube and it just whizzes them free of their juice. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom