Juicing Apples

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMediger

Head Chef
Not sure if this is in the right place ... please feel free to move me.

I am juicing apples tonight for wine later and am wondering about the seeds. I would like to use the pulp that is left for bread or cake and I wonder if the seeds might leave it bitter ... thoughts? experience? suggestions?

Thank you!

I would think the seeds would leave it bitter. Also, the seeds contain arsenic. A little amount won't hurt you, but you should avoid eating them when you can.

I would think the seeds would leave it bitter. Also, the seeds contain arsenic. A little amount won't hurt you, but you should avoid eating them when you can.

Arsenic?? Wow! I never knew that. Is that true of all varieties of apples?

There are other fruits that contain this too, but at the moment my mind is blank on which ones they are.

The pulp from apples and pears can be used as a hydroscopic element in low fat baking. There are some formulas on the internet for low fat cooking that replaces a great percentage of butter and/or egg yolk for apple sauce or puree. It leaves cakes and muffins a little more dense, but naturally sweet.

Chef Todd Mohr

Thank you! Seeds are coming out, would rather not kill people with either the wine or pulp.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom