Katie's Pink Crockpot Applesauce - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I posted this in the thread about using the crockpot, but I thought it should also be posted under the "fruit, etc." forum. So here it is:

KATIE’S PINK CROCKPOT APPLESAUCE
(Serves 8)​
8 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into fourths
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup tiny red cinnamon candies
¾ cup apple cider
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt

In a 3½-quart or larger crockpot, mix all ingredients.

Cover and cook on HIGH for about 1½ to 2 hours or until the apples are just beginning to get tender. Remove lid and stir with a wooden spoon to break up larger chunks. Serve warm or chilled. Note: This applesauce can be frozen in airtight containers for up to three months.

This sounds YUMMY!! Have you used this to make an applesauce cake? If so recipe?

BTW Can I by chance use a pressure cooker instead of a crock pot?

I've never made an applesauce cake, so I can't comment. As for the pressure cooker, the recipe was developed for the crockpot, but I don't see why you couldn't fiddle with the time to achieve the same end product.

LOL... great recipe....when I saw the thread title I though.. wow.. a pink crockpot? How cool.

Silly me. :wacko::ROFLMAO:

Thanks Katie, DH loves applesauce and so do th kids. Will make some for this weekend..
kades:)

This looks good!

I am going to have to get special glasses for the "corners" of my eyes! When I first saw the title of this thread, from the corner of my eye, I thought it said, "Katies Pink Crocheted Applesauce!" You wouldn't believe some of the things I think I see sometimes!

Yay! i can't wait to try out. I have many apples in my kitchen needing some love and I'm not sure why i'm not in the mood to bake an apple pie.

This looks good!

I am going to have to get special glasses for the "corners" of my eyes! When I first saw the title of this thread, from the corner of my eye, I thought it said, "Katies Pink Crocheted Applesauce!" You wouldn't believe some of the things I think I see sometimes!
NO NO NO It's Kades thats making buttered crochet needles!! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Back
Top Bottom