Lemon Ideas Needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SierraCook said:
Joani, first you can send me some. :) I love meyer lemons. I am so very jealous. :mrgreen:

When I went to the Post Office on Thursday what was waiting for me, but a box of lemons from jkath. Oh, the scent of the lemons wafting out the box was heavenly. I shared some with a couple of my coworkers and my mom. It must be amazing to live somewhere that lemons grow on a tree in January. Thanks again jkath for the lemons.

SC, what a nice surprise..Enjoy those lemon, I have a small dwarf meyer lemon in a large pot and have about 2 doz this crop..I'm planning on a lemon pie for certain:LOL:

kadesma

I made lemon chicken again last night - quite easy - chicken breasts in the crock pot, top with a can of condensed cream of celery (or cream of chicken...or cream of mushroom), then top with 3/4-1 c. of lemon juice and sprinkle well with pepper. You can also add a quarted onion to the mix.

Oh, and I made a creamy lemon meringue pie too.

Lemon Curd

Mediterranean Pickled Lemons

Lemon Chiffon Cake

Greek chicken soup with lemon

candied lemon rind

lemon marmalade

Candied lemon rind! Duh! Why didn't I remember that one?
Thanks so much tj! I'm going to have to dig out my recipe for it.

Lemon zest

I know I am probably famous for eating skins of fruits but it's usually because I like the skin, but this one is good for your health.
Grate a little lemon zest into your tea for an extra dose of skin cancer protection.
The zest of lemon, orange, and grapefruit peels is high in d-limonene, a compound in citrus oil that may significantly reduce the risk of skin cancer by blocking tumor growth. Add grated citrus peel to hot tea, desserts, and salads for an extra dose of this cancer-fighting flavoring.

When you run out of things to cook, bake, roast, or broil... lemons are good for cleaning too! Use a cut lemon to clean off your Foreman grill, wipe out your sink, clean your counters, clean your hands, and throw down the garbage disposal for a fresh smell. Also, stick a couple of slices in water in the microwave and boil for a few minutes, then wipe the micro clean. Gets out the smells of fish and other overwhelming yukkiness. (Technical term)

Lemon juice is also good sprinkled over salad, squeezed over veggies before or after cooking, mixed with butter for a million different dishes.

In our family, they are sometimes eaten as fruit by the youngest members (like pickles, eh GB?).

ok, it's totally sacreligeous for any fancy tasty special lemons, buuuut:

if you have spare (say, older) lemons or limes lying about the house that you were about to toss out, run one in the garbage disposal. makes the kitchen smell wonderful, de-greases the icky in there, keeps those kitchen ants out of the sink.

momerlyn said:
In our family, they are sometimes eaten as fruit by the youngest members (like pickles, eh GB?).
Yes I seem to remember my brother eating them like an orange. He was also known to eat onions like apples too though. Might explain why he is like he is :LOL:

GB said:
Yes I seem to remember my brother eating them like an orange. He was also known to eat onions like apples too though. Might explain why he is like he is :LOL:

Ahem, well, I do eat lemons like I do oranges too, just not as much. Anyway my story is I went to high school in a semi-arid catholic girls' school in Kenya and there was an irrigation scheme nearby and all the fruit we got were lemons and grapefruit...that is my story and I will stick to it! What's your brother's?:LOL:

sizzles said:
that is my story and I will stick to it! What's your brother's?:LOL:
You would have to know him to know. He does not march to the beat of the same drum as everyone else. I often ask him what color the sky is in his world cause it sure as heck is not the same as mine :LOL:

How about getting some honey and making something like a lemon ginger mead?

Too bad they aren't pineapples, then I'd know JUST what to reccomend! :mrgreen:

John

GB said:
You would have to know him to know. He does not march to the beat of the same drum as everyone else. I often ask him what color the sky is in his world cause it sure as heck is not the same as mine :LOL:

Oh oh! Blame it on the onions, I'd say. :LOL: :LOL: having said that, some lemons are too bitter they can make you see things!:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom