Lemon syrup apricots-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We have an apricot tree and every other year we get a bumper crop, this year is going to be one of those eeegads what do I do with all these cots year..Well I am giving some away but I am also going to make more of these..
1-c. cold water
1/4-c. sugar, or more to taste
2- 2-inch strips lemon zest
2-Tab. fresh lemon juice
1-lb. apricots
1- in skillet large enough to hold about 8-9 apricot halves in one layer, combine wate,sugar and zest and lemon juice. Bring everything to a simmer on med.-low heat, swirl the pan several times for 10 min.
2. cut cots in half and remove pit. Plave halves in simmering syrup,cook, turning once til the fruit is tender, maybe 5 min.
3-Cool the cots briefly in syrup, then cover and store in refrigerator. Serve chilled say with a dollop of whipped cream flavored with ameretto or just plain whipped cream..
enjoy,
kadesma:)

Nothing better than homemade apricot jam! Store apricots have no flavor but you are lucky to have your own productive tree! We had one when we lived in the desert but the trees do not do well at my house in San Diego.The fruit freezes very well too.

Swann said:
Nothing better than homemade apricot jam! Store apricots have no flavor but you are lucky to have your own productive tree! We had one when we lived in the desert but the trees do not do well at my house in San Diego.The fruit freezes very well too.
I know Swann, my mom use to make apricot pineapple jam every year, just used the last jar she mades,now i'll have to learn to make it or there will be no more.
wish I could share the fruit with you.

kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom