"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fruit & Nuts

Old 06-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Whisk a doodle,

Thanks for your interest ... it is a lovely dessert and refreshing, in addition to versatile and easy to prepare ...

Let me know ur results ...

Kindest. Ciao.
Margi.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #12
Senior Cook

I am in the Army. I am a night baker not really a head Chef. I am in charge of a few Soldiers that work at night with me. I have been cooking in the Army since 1996. I do a lot of basic cooking and baking for work. I have cooked all of the US and the world for the Army. I have been to Iraq, Korea, and about 8 states. I enjoy it.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Good Evening Leasing This Space.

Thanks for your reply.

I see that you have quite a cirriculum vitae & background ...

Do you ever prepare Valencian Chicken Paella ?

Have a lovely evening and thank you for your interesting professional details.

Ciao.
Margi.

Tags
desserts, fruit, lime, recipe, strawberries

Lime Fool With Strawberries :chef: Fools are light desserts made of fruit and whipped cream. They date back to the 15th Century England. White Chocolate gives this Lime Fool a contemporary twist ... :yum: [SIZE=4]lime fool with strawberries, white chocolate & kiwi .. [/SIZE] [SIZE=4][/SIZE] 1/4 CUP WHIPPING CREAM 1/4 CUP LIME JUICE FROM FRESHLY SQUEEZED LIMES 1 TSP GRATED LIME ZEST 6 OUNCES LINDT OR BELGIAN WHITE CHOCOLATE CHOPPED 3/4 CUP CHILLED WHIPPING CREAM 1 TBLSP SUGAR 2 CUPS SLICED HULLED STRAWBERRIES 2 KIWI - GREEN FRUIT SCOOPED OUT AND SLICED THINLY 4 WHOLE STRAWBERRIES 4 LIME SLICES :chef: 1) BRING THE FIRST 3 INGREDIENTS TO SIMMER IN HEAVY SMALL SAUCEPAN 2) REDUCE HEAT TO LOW AND ADD CHOCOLATE, STIRRING UNTIL MELTED AND SMOOTH 3) POUR INTO MEDIUM BOWL AND REFRIGERATE UNTIL COOL BUT NOT SET, STIRRING OCCASIONALLY ABOTU 20 MINS. TO 25 MINS. 4) BEAT 3/4 CUP CHILLED CREAM IN ANOTHER MEDIUM BOWL TO SOFT PEAKS & BEAT UNTIL PEAKS STIFF AND THEN FOLD CREAM INTO THE WHITE CHOCOLATE MIXTURE 5) PLACE SCANT 1/4 CUP SLICED BERRIES IN EACH OF FOUR 10 OUNCE WINEGLASSES 6) PRESS KIWI SLICES AGAINST THE SIDES OF EACH GLASS 7) SPOON 1/3 CUP CREAM MIXTURE INTO EACH GLASS 8) SPOON SCANT 1/4 CUP SLICED BERRIES IN THE CENTRE OF EACH WINE GLASS, PRESSING INTO CENTRE SO BERRIES DO NOT SHOW AT SIDES OF GLASSES 9) SPOON REMAINING CREAM OVER AND SMOOTH TOPS 10) COVER AND CHILL 6 HOURS 11) TO SERVE USE SMALL KNIFE AND MAKE LENGTHWISE CUTS IN THE WHOLE STRAWBERRIES WITHOUT CUTTING THROUGH STEM ENDS 12) FAN 1 STRAWBERRY ATOP EACH DESSERT AND ATTACH LIME SLICE TO RIM OF GLASS :wink: This is a lovely summer dessert ... SERVE WITH AN ESPRESSO ON ICE, OR A PROSECCO OR CAVA ... ENJOY, Margaux Cintrano. CIAO. 5) 3 stars 1 reviews