Mango Convert, Maybe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
My buddy is out in Montana fossil hunting. While he is away I'm handling some of his business. I had to go by his parents house to pick up some papers. His dad offered me some mangoes from his tree. Now I don't like mangoes, but I took some anyway. I had never seen this variety before, all yellow skin with no trace of orange or red. I tried it and liked it. Karen tried a little bit to see if she would react to it. She had no reaction and ate some more. We are going to use it in a salsa/salad with jerk chicken.

36788-albums322-picture6922.jpg

Last edited:
I have a new-found fondness for mango salsa :yum: I made some to go with fish recently and it was delicious. I used mango, red bell pepper, jicama, lime zest and juice, and mint. DH liked it, too.
0620171934_HDR.jpg

Mmm. Mango salsa on grilled mahi mahi with slivered toasted macadamia nuts. Mmmm.

Last edited:
I use a bottled mango grilling sauce from a local supermarket chain. Ingredients are mango, sugar, sweet red peppers, apple cider vinegar, onions, dijon mustard, pepper sauce, and a bunch of chemicals. I use it on salmon and pork tenderloins.

I use a bottled mango grilling sauce from a local supermarket chain. Ingredients are mango, sugar, sweet red peppers, apple cider vinegar, onions, dijon mustard, pepper sauce, and a bunch of chemicals. I use it on salmon and pork tenderloins.

Mmmmm, a bunch of chemicals. Sounds yummy! :rolleyes:

I like mangos, but they don't like me and cause an allergic reaction of numbness and tingling of lips and tongue. For some reason, this yellow one didn't cause a reaction and I made sure it would if there was going to be a problem on my second round of tasting. Can't wait to try another in the salad for tomorrow night's dinner.

GG, your mango salsa looks and sounds good. I really need to try that. I love mangoes - they are my favorite fruit, and my grandson would eat them all day long if I let him.

My buddy is out in Montana fossil hunting. While he is away I'm handling some of his business. I had to go by his parents house to pick up some papers. His dad offered me some mangoes from his tree. Now I don't like mangoes, but I took some anyway. I had never seen this variety before, all yellow skin with no trace of orange or red. I tried it and liked it. Karen tried a little bit to see if she would react to it. She had no reaction and ate some more. We are going to use it in a salsa/salad with jerk chicken.

36788-albums322-picture6922.jpg

Craig, as soon as I saw that Mango, I thought Pirie Mango, my Father's fav, or a Haden

local-fruit-mangoes.jpg

Back
Top Bottom