Mulberries?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenni.o

Assistant Cook
can anyone tell me if there is a quick way to remove the stalks from mulberries or is the stalk edible? they are quite time consuming to pick and then again to remove the stalks.
jenni

What are you using them for, Jen? If you're making jelly, don't worry about the stems. In a pot, pour enough water over the berries just to cover. Boil until they break down, and run through food mill. Then you'll have juice for your jelly.

ive tried mulberries in pie with and without the stalks and couldnt taste any difference so id say it wouldnt matter if you left them on

I just love me some Mulberries Pie, with a hint of sugar on the top and some side ice cream ! :chef: LETS EAT !

The only time I ever had mulberries, they were so full of seeds that I couldn't stand them. I don't even like to eat blackberries that often because of the seeds (I love blackberries for their flavor though). I'm very strange about seeds!

:) Barbara

I'm with ya, Barb. Mulberry trees and blackberry bushes are EVERYWHERE around here and although I love the flavor, I hate picking the danged seeds out of my teeth.

I wholeheartedly second middie!! Just try not to shoot your eye out though...:ROFLMAO:
img_198937_0_568557040434d5f4779546f73126a352.jpg

Back
Top Bottom