Peach Question-ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
About how many fresh peaches do I need to make 2C. of puree? I need an answer ASAP, I'm getting ready to go get them to make ice cream this afternoon.

I'd go with 5, depending on how big they are. Get 6 to be safe and eat the last one over the sink!

Thanks Alix! I was planning on getting a few more than I needed & grilling them & serving them with whipped cream for dessert tomorrow night. If I can keep from eating them first.

My guess is 5 or 6, too. But it obviously depends on the size of the peach.

Puree one separately, first, and then measure it.

PEACHES .... yum. You're lucky to have them.

I have a killer peach flambe recipe if you want it crewsk. You need some really good rum for it though.

INGREDIENTS:

4 Peaches, ripe but not soft

4-6 tbsp. Butter

6 tbsp. Brown sugar

Rum

Take peaches, and slice in about 4 or 5 slices each.

Melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir. Add peaches. Cook until fairly warm and starting to soften, about 1 minute. Flip and allow to cook an additional 30 seconds. Take pan off the heat. Add rum to taste, and swirl in pan a bit. Light a "chicken" match and pass over pan. Allow flame to die down and sauce to thicken slightly, remove from heat and serve over ice cream.

A couple notes, I don't measure the sugar. I just toss in a handful, and remember to take the pan off the heat when you pour the rum in! My husband will tell you to make sure you don't have it too close to the cabinets either. LOL.

You're welcome. It is a fan favourite. Another note, I did it with brandy once when I was out of rum, it was spectacular. Expensive, but spectacular!

I got a dozen, 1/2 that were perfectly ripe & the other 1/2 stightly firm so I could use them later. It took 4 for the puree & that gave me 2 1/2C & I diced 2 to have chunks in the ice cream. Thanks for the recipes Alix & PA!! They both look great!:)

Back
Top Bottom