Peaches and Sparking Wine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We have several peach trees that ripen late. So by now I've had my fill of cobblers,pies and what have you. A friend and I came up with this idea and ohhh is it nice. take 6 ripe peaches with 6 guests to go with the peaches. Chill 6 small plates, when ready for dessert, peal the peaches, pass them out along with the cold dishes a salad fork and small knife and of course a glass of the sparkling wine Then the guests slice off a piece of peach and dunk,dunk, dunk it in the wine. yummy and brings smiles to the faces of your guests.
enjoy
kades

Why dirty so many dishes? Just make Bellinis.

Bellini recipe

1 medium ripe peach, peeled and pureed
4 to 6 oz Proseco

Pour peach puree into a large champagne flute and slowly add Proseco. Stir gently. Garnish with a peach slice.

Last edited:
Why dirty so many dishes? Just make Bellinis.

Bellini recipe

1 medium ripe peach, peeled and pureed
4 to 6 oz Proseco

Pour peach puree into a large champagne flute and slowly add Proseco. Stir gently. Garnish with a peach slice.
I enjoy a Bellini especially at Easter time. But you will have fun dunk,dunk,dunking this peach and wine as you gab and enjoy the company.
thanks for the recipe.
kades

Sounds heavenly. I have a question about the Bellinis...why not pour the Proseco in with the peaches while you puree? Is there a reason for stirring the white wine in "gently"?

Sounds heavenly. I have a question about the Bellinis...why not pour the Proseco in with the peaches while you puree? Is there a reason for stirring the white wine in "gently"?

Proseco is a sparkling wine, like champagne. If you run it through the blender you will lose all those beautiful bubbles, and you'll probably blow the top off the blender!

Oh, okay, that makes perfect sense. After I posted the question, I thought about the term "bruising the wine", a term I vaguely stored in the recess of my mind. I didn't really know what that meant...so I looked it up and read that it's a myth...interesting.

Sounds lovely Kades :)

We have several peach trees that ripen late. So by now I've had my fill of cobblers,pies and what have you. A friend and I came up with this idea and ohhh is it nice. take 6 ripe peaches with 6 guests to go with the peaches. Chill 6 small plates, when ready for dessert, peal the peaches, pass them out along with the cold dishes a salad fork and small knife and of course a glass of the sparkling wine Then the guests slice off a piece of peach and dunk,dunk, dunk it in the wine. yummy and brings smiles to the faces of your guests.
enjoy
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom