Pina colada on a stick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caliloo

Cook
Hey all!

I have been making something yummy for my guests to snack on while they are visiting. Along with the finger foods, dips, etc I have been making what I call Pina Coladas on a Stick.

Chop a whole pineapple into bite sized pieces and put in a plastic (or other non-reactive) bowl. Pour in enough coconut rum (I like Parrot Bay) to almost cover. Place in the refrigerator. Stir the bowl several times for at least 24 hours. Serve with toothpicks. When the pineapple is gone, drink the rum over ice.

Be aware, they pack quite a punch! :LOL:

These are particularly good when it is hot out, but everyone seems to like them a lot no matter what the weather!

Alexa

Oh my do these look yummy! Makes me dream of summer!
It reminds me of the "Bloody Mary's on a Stick" we made for New Year's day a few years ago...

Last edited:
I hope you all enjoy!

I made them again for DH birthday last weekend and they were the first thing gone.

Just be sure to warn everyone that they are "high test". A friend gave one to her 5 yo son (who LOVED it) before I could warn her there was alcohol. We spent the rest of the afternoon shooing him away from the bowl :LOL:

Alexa

Rum

Someone gave us this rum for Christmas and couldn't figure out what to do with it. Now I know! Love fresh pineapple and coconut. Why didn't I think of this? This will surely go fast once it is prepared. Leaving overnight I am sure has a good effect on the pineapple. I make it point to eat pineapple once week as the doctor suggested. One of the fresh fruits I like.

Back
Top Bottom