Preserved Lemons Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I recently tried my hand at making preserved lemons since I had way too many.
Now I'm stuck with lots of jars of the stuff and I don't know what to do with them! Help please :(
P.S I used less salt to preserve them and filled the jars with lemon juice.

Find a cookbook or web site that specializes in Middle Eastern/North African cuisine. Moroccan food, especially, uses a lot of preserved lemons. They're also real big on couscous, so stock up! :cool:

Can't give them away, no one I know uses them and I'm not a big fan of Moroccan food. Just looking for some ideas for using them, they last for ages. I believe you can use them for sweet dishes too if you rinse them first, kinda like you would use salt with caramel.
Wonder if I make toffee with chopped lemon preserve rind if that would taste nice..

You got me thinking with the salad idea, maybe make a dressing with finely chopped rind, olive oil, dijon and the juice?
Think about a chicken with juices rich with garlic and onions and other herbes of choice. now cut up the lemons peel and all I'd big dice them the chicken should be falling apart and put over rice top with the lemons I understand they are great this way, I found a tangine in Cost Plus and plan to use it for a chicken dish.
kades

Think about a chicken with juices rich with garlic and onions and other herbes of choice. now cut up the lemons peel and all I'd big dice them the chicken should be falling apart and put over rice top with the lemons I understand they are great this way, I found a tangine in Cost Plus and plan to use it for a chicken dish.
kades

This I'll try :) I like your idea, might even be good in a lemon and garlic butter for prawns etc. I like some Moroccan dishes but not so much the ones that contain dried fruits. I'm not fond of dried flies in my curry..lol!

This I'll try :) I like your idea, might even be good in a lemon and garlic butter for prawns etc. I like some Moroccan dishes but not so much the ones that contain dried fruits. I'm not fond of dried flies in my curry..lol!
I'll take my fruit fresh and in season. I've used dried but I'm not so crazy about it in savory dishes.
kades

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom