Show me your cranberries!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently cranberries are not a big favorite in this area. When I moved to this town in 1999, a day or two after Thanksgiving (or Christmas--not sure which), Food Lion (grocery store) had all their fresh cranberries free. I asked if there was a limit, and they said no. I was going to take just a few, so as not to be rude, but I was told that no one else was getting them, so I might as well take them all. So I did. I ended up with about 27 bags of cranberries. I gave a few away and froze the rest. I still have a few bags left, and they are just as good as they were when I got them!!

:) Barbara

recent medical studies have shown that unsweetened cranberry juice (if you can handle the pucker quotient) actually prevents cavities.

i am going to juice some very ripe cranberries tonight. i will post results, if i can see the monitor.

Barbara L said:
Apparently cranberries are not a big favorite in this area. When I moved to this town in 1999, a day or two after Thanksgiving (or Christmas--not sure which), Food Lion (grocery store) had all their fresh cranberries free. I asked if there was a limit, and they said no. I was going to take just a few, so as not to be rude, but I was told that no one else was getting them, so I might as well take them all. So I did. I ended up with about 27 bags of cranberries. I gave a few away and froze the rest. I still have a few bags left, and they are just as good as they were when I got them!!

:) Barbara
Oh, dear! Being a cranberry LOVER, I must say- you were in the right place at the right time! WOW!

Back
Top Bottom