Snip's Date Fingers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I'm sure there are loads of recipes for date fingers out there but this is my version. I like quick, tasty and easy and this recipe ticks all the boxes!

250gr (8.8 ounces) of butter

1 cup of brown sugar

500 gr (17.6 ounces) of chopped dried dates

1 egg well beaten

200 gr (7 ounces) of glace cherries, I use red and green.

200 gr (7 ounces) of Marie biscuits broken into small pieces.

Grated coconut to sprinkle on top

Butter a 10 x 8 inch cake pan or glass dish. Heat butter and sugar in a sauce pan over a low flame till sugar melts. Add the dates and beaten egg and mix well and quickly. Add cherries and biscuit pieces. Mix well and remove off stove. Spoon mixture into greased pan and flatten evenly with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Top with grated coconut and allow to cool. Cut into squares or fingers.

Enjoy :)

These are marie biscuits but other cookies like shortbread or plain sweet cookies can be used.

Last edited:
You are on a roll today Snip.

Another one that looks easy to prepare. C & P . thanks. :yum:

Thanks again Whisk :) Since it's valentine's day tomorrow I felt like sharing!

Quick and easy is a mom's best friend. I try and create easy recipes that the kids can help with and that give me time to spend with them.

Snip those sound wonderful!

We make a similar recipe at Christmas.

The main difference is that we use Kellogg's Rice Krispies instead of the biscuits.

Sometimes we form them into balls, then roll them in the coconut and top them with a cherry.

They are less fattening that way! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Snip those sound wonderful!

We make a similar recipe at Christmas.

The main difference is that we use Kellogg's Rice Krispies instead of the biscuits.

Sometimes we form them into balls, then roll them in the coconut and top them with a cherry.

They are less fattening that way! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Thank you Aunt Bea :)

Back
Top Bottom