Soaking Almonds in Amaretto?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seanmcdonald_us

Assistant Cook
Hello All,

I'm planning on stuffing dates with almonds and then rolling them in confectioners sugar. I was curious if I could soak the almonds first in Amaretto for a little zing, or would that be superfluous? Maybe just dip the dates in amaretto instead?

Any suggestions much appreciated.:cool:

Cheers,
Sean

I agree. Dip the dates.
That's a good idea. That'll make it taste great. Even though amaretto says "Almond flavoured," it's definently more cherry flavoured, which will give you a nice little mix there.

I hope it turns out well for you.

You can always expect a quick response here. That is always someone on who will know their stuff.... or yours. :P

Off to accounting! :D

I've got to go with VeraBlue on this ... you would have to soak the almonds for a couple of months to get much flavor in them ... and just "dunking" the stuffed dates is more of a waste of time and good Amaretto than flavor enhancing.

Using fresh almonds and dried dates ....

Pit the dates and stuff with an almond ... pack into a clean jar ... cover with Amaretto and allow to sit on the counter (cool dark place) for about a month or two.

I've gotta go along with Vera on this. Much easier to soak the date in the liquor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom