Spiced Nuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FraidKnot

Washing Up
This recipe is for Pecans but you can use any combination of raw shelled nuts. I like to mix 'em up! :chef:

Spiced Pecans

3 cups pecan halves
2 Tbs. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. ground thyme
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 350F. Toss all ingredients in a bowl until well coated. Spread pecans on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until nuts are fragrant; stir often to prevent burning. Makes 2 cups of spiced nuts.

Fraidy

Im with middie, I love cashews too, also almonds, brazil nuts, macadamia, and a mixture of seeds too.

Works well with practically any raw nuts (and seeds)... just don't burn yer nuts! :ROFLMAO: Makes a nice foodie gift for friends, too. Seal in tightly covered jars, put a bow around it and you're good to go.

Fraidy

Nice looking recipe. I like pecans just toasted with the butter and then salted well just as they come out of the oven. I'm munchin' on some right now. For breakfast!

jayco said:
Nice looking recipe. I like pecans just toasted with the butter and then salted well just as they come out of the oven. I'm munchin' on some right now. For breakfast!
Did I post Pecan Soup? (Pecan Soup)

What a great way to start off whatever you consider the holidays! :LOL:

Fraidy

Last edited:
This recipe looks wonderful. I make something similiar with omitting the last four ingredients and substituting:

4 TB Brown Sugar
1/2 t salt (kosher)
1/2 t cinnamin
and using 4 TB unsalted butter.

Your technique looks easier as I first toast nuts (mixed and raw variety) in the pan and then melt butter and add ingredients to cover. I lay out on a cookie sheet to cool. It takes like Christmas. I also gave some away as Christmas gifts in a nice glass jar.

Back
Top Bottom