Summer Fruits in Sparkling Wine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Find a good sparkling desert wine Peel an pit 4 large white peaches, nectaries, plums, cut them into thin slices. Toss in 1 Tab. sugar and let stand 10-20 min. Then spoon into goblets or parfait glasses Pour the sparkling wine over the fruit and serve. I like to make sure the fruit is chilled first before serving.
enjoy
kades

I do this with a cheap dry sparkler like a Cava or Prosecco.

Delicious.

Also nice is a dry white with frozen grapes in it. Or a white sangria with frozen white and red grapes as the ice cubes.

I do this with a cheap dry sparkler like a Cava or Prosecco.

Delicious.

Also nice is a dry white with frozen grapes in it. Or a white sangria with frozen white and red grapes as the ice cubes.
Thanks for the ideas Jennyema. I can count on you for something good to eat or fix for my family.
kades

In Australia there is a native Rosella flower (also called Wild Hibiscus) that can be bought in jars, preserved in syrup. You can add one of these "Wild Hibiscus" flowers with a little bit of the syrup into the bottom of a champagne flute and then top with sparkling wine:

photo-main-home1.jpg

In Australia there is a native Rosella flower (also called Wild Hibiscus) that can be bought in jars, preserved in syrup. You can add one of these "Wild Hibiscus" flowers with a little bit of the syrup into the bottom of a champagne flute and then top with sparkling wine:

photo-main-home1.jpg
How pretty. Never see the hibiscus flowers here but maybe I can find them on line.
kades

How pretty. Never see the hibiscus flowers here but maybe I can find them on line.
kades

Ma, any hibiscus flower would do, you probably grow them. I think even the ornamental ones are edible.

Last edited:
We get dried bags of hibiscus flowers when we go to Mexico, super cheap and they make great tea. I combine them with Celestial Seasonings Zingers, extra strong brew. I also grow a few hibiscus, they come in over winter. I used to collect flowers for a friend's iguana.

Last edited:
We made Bellinis the other day as an aperitif before lunch with friends. That is 1/3 peach pulp and 2/3 sparkling wine. Stir well, sip and go to heaven.

We made Bellinis the other day as an aperitif before lunch with friends. That is 1/3 peach pulp and 2/3 sparkling wine. Stir well, sip and go to heaven.
hummmm sounds grat. kades

We get dried bags of hibiscus flowers when we go to Mexico, super cheap and they make great tea. I combine them with Celestial Seasonings Zingers, extra strong brew. I also grow a few hibiscus, they come in over winter. I used to collect flowers for a friend's iguana.
I'll look at my place to pick up seeds and plant. Will have to be careful tho diaisysis
ma

That would be really nice with hibiscus. I love hibiscus tea, especially iced in summer.
I love iced tea but must watch how much I ingest daily. NUTS
kades

Back
Top Bottom