The French are so amooooozing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chico Buller

Washing Up
My buddy Neko didn't seem to be interested in anything lately. Now granted, I'm not much of a cook, but I seldom have to refrigerate left-overs. Something was wrong.

Then it dawned on me that I was preparing too many American dishes and tasty treats. Perhaps the problem was cultural.

So I whipped out the ol' nakiri and prepared an amuse-bouche. A light garnish of sun ripened deftly sliced strawberries on a soft bed of grains, and a lightly poached egg.

Not bad for the for the old biker, eh? Half of you guys didn't even think I could spell it, let alone know what it is. (They let me into fancy-schmancy restaurants to sharpen. Granted, it's the service entrance...)

It worked like a charm. Once his palate was stimulated and the meal progressed I saw renewed interest, a bright smile and an empty dish.

I even got a tip. He licked my hand.

Neko is my wife's bichon frise.

At that price, do you sear the meat or worship it?

i think...kobe

You want me to serve beer-fattened, hand massaged, dimly barned Japanese beef at 139.00 per pound to a bichon? Yikes, I cannot even afford that for me!

If I could, I know of a nice comic-book-yellow CVO Harley that has a new home!

Then again, he is French. He even eats his dog biscuits with his little pinkie claw raised...

Well, you might be right. Kobe, eh?

Ya' know, the little mutt has been good lately, and I do sharpen for the butcher of my Dad's former consigliere who knows a guy who knows a guy, perhaps six or seven pounds aren't too much to ask.

Do I cube it and toss it in the dish raw, or or lightly sear it, and serve it on a bed of arugula atop leaded crystal?

This is the first dog we've had.

LOL. Truth be told, Neko and his sister Sasha are the first dogs we have owned. And while they are French Bichons, we have raised them as terriers--the female believing she is the lineage of royalty.

We knew that Bichons can develop bladder infections, so we always leave out lots of water, and our dogs are litter trained. I was surprised when I first heard that, but then, cats are always trained this way. For a little dog, they can go anytime they wish and drink all they want, the perfect health regimen for a bichon

But I have often tried to imagine what it must be for Sasha and her point of view:

"Oh, wonderful, here comes my servant. I hope that today he doesn't smell like the noisy thing out in the garage. Breakfast is late again by almost four minutes and that poop isn't going to clean itself. Hasn't this idiot ever heard of a "water filter," and would it be too much to ask for a cool beverage. Not like ice, not as warm as his pillow, but delightfully cool. If I hadn't owned him since childhood I'd fire that bi-ped just as a lesson to other one. Rub my tummy! Not scratch you imbecile! Tender, tender, ahhh, that's the stuff..."
img_675237_0_fcbbf3c004c53b4d35052bc30a372769.jpg

Back
Top Bottom