Using Up Red Delicious Apples

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
don't listen to alix, or you might start a war 'bug.

:ohmy: NEVER! :angel:

Glad you kept peace in the village mudbug. You are a nicer woman than I am. LOL.

Someday we will have to share stories on this site about sending our SO shopping without a detailed and specific list, I bet there are some good stories there.

Have to Admit

As much as we loved Andy M's apple squares the night I baked them, they do not improve with time.

Had another square last night, which had a very gummy mouth feel, unfortunately. So those of you considering trying this dish, make a small batch (Andy recommended and 8 x 8 pan, which is probably best) and make sure you have enough eaters to consume it all in one sitting (I made a double batch).

I will have to 'speriment with this recipe a bit to see if I can make it taste as good on Day 2.

mudbug, it's the moisture in the apples that deoes it. I tend to cook them a bit longer to get them "well done".

I am late to this party about fried apples but would someone be so kind as to give the exact recipe for frying red delicious apples. God love my bf he bought a bag of them even tho I said I didnt want them. ah well! they are almost a week old soooooo I must do something fast!. Thanks :)

Only six years late! No recipe, really--just slice your apples, peeled or not, your choice. Melt a half a stick of butter in a pan, add your apples, and gently cook til soft. Add sugar, brown sugar, or maple syrup to taste. (You won't need much if the apples are sweet.) Sprinkle with cinnamon and a little nutmeg, serve hot or cold.

bahahahahaha hey there is nothing wrong with being late to the party. especially since its my first attempt at cooking

Back
Top Bottom