What else do you do with fresh cranberries?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi, all. I bought a bag of cranberries last weekend and will make cranberry sauce today, but it's just DH and I so I'm going to use only half the bag. What else do you all do with fresh cranberries besides make cranberry sauce or relish?

I would imagine making a jam or jelly, drying some out (crasins), and maybe even a cranberry nut bread or muffins could work.

Oh, I love to put them into a basic muffin batter! The tartness and juiciness make for a really nice contrast to the sweet softness of the muffin!

Oh, Jeekins' recipe reminded me of something I did for a wedding tea last year. If you make them all into cranberry sauce, you can use whatever you have left for wontons. I took put small bits of brie and cranberry sauce into wonton wrappers, wet the edges, brought the four corners up and twisted to seal and deep fried them. They were the hit of the event and easy too. Great snack!

These are some great ideas, especially those wontons! I have some wonton wrappers in the freezer - just need some brie. Thanks y'all :)

I can't find it right now but I make cranberry orange muffins from allrecipes......
I found 4 others but not the one I use, I'm sure any of them would be great.

There are quick breads that call for orange juice, zest and cranberries that are unbelievably easy and tasty.

Wow I love Cranberry Orange Muffins and Cranberry Nut Bread. You can also make a Cranberry Nut Pudding Cake.

I would imagine making a jam or jelly, drying some out (crasins), and maybe even a cranberry nut bread or muffins could work.
Tht's exactly what I saw in London and Dublin,some years ago I personally created a mousse with whipped cream plus vanilla powder and sugar and put the mousse it in the fridge.. it looked like a dessert..quite tasty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom