What flavors go well with lemon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

velochic

Sous Chef
I am the Secret Santa for a gal at work. She's a really nice person and I want to have fun over the next few weeks and give her some gifts she'll really enjoy. In her questionnaire, she wrote that she really likes lemon. I had a bag of lemons hanging around that I needed to use up and I'd always wanted to make lemon curd. It turned out quite well. I used this recipe. I put some in a pretty little glass jar for her, but I'm wondering what I can pair with it... using it as a condiment, not in a cake, for example. I thought about a sweet scone mix or even to bake the scones myself. What do you think? Thanks!!

I should have done a search first. I did find another thread regarding lemon curd. Still, a suggestion of flavors that pair well with lemon would be nice for future reference. Thanks! :)

Lime, orange, pineapple, vanilla, champagne (as in champagne flavored jello).

a simple pound cake, scone or muffin. Let the lemon stand by itself.

Let the lemon stand by itself.

Grate some peel, dry it a bit in a low heat oven, and package ala spice jar. Maybe candied slices in same oven. As for flavor pairings, shoot, lemons goes with everything; it's one of the few perishables that my pantry is never without. Anything with fats is well complimented by lemon's acidity (like a dollop of whipped cream on a curd).

Good fun. Make sure she never guesses right who her secret santa is!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom