What fruits freeze well and how? (like so I can stock up when in season)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Katie, Connie, Beth, and June. You ladies pretty much confirmed my original impulse. Pitting it is.

and here's a 4th on the peaches technique.

We used to freeze plums cut in half and sprinkled with sugar. Likewise used to stew Granny Smiths, plums and loquats before freezing. All individually of course! I have a mango tree and would have surplus of fruit so would pulp the fruit before freezing. Never tried slicing it though. My fruit tends to be stringy and super juicy so pulping was easier.

My local restaurant freezes lemon slices to serve the sorbet on between courses. I eat the slice skin and all!

Bananas - freeze in their skin. Peel, mash and serve still frozen as an alternative to ice cream. Or stick in a smoothie.

Would have thought watermelon would freeze well as it is only sugar and water! Might defrost into a mush though. Possibly best eaten in a semi-frozen state on a really hot day! Summer is almost here and you are inspiring me!

I think all fruit is OK to freeze, but the texture of it will change when frozen.
Frozen fruit is good for making things like Chutney, Curries, Jam etc.
An apple(or any other fruit) would not be suitable for just picking up and eating after it has been frozen.

Mel

I accidentally froze a rockmelon in "not my bar fridge" as the cold setting was set to.."Lets Freeze anything in the fridge" setting. It wasn't bad at all! Ate is slightly thawed but still a bit frosty..nice nice very nice!

I like to free sliced fruits in juices, peaches in oj, sliced apples in grape juice, green grapes in lemonade(okay not a sliceable fruit), nectarines in cranberry juice, etc...

i thought u were going to write at the end of this bit, that u stick a paddle pop stick in and make ice blocks out of it. I wasn't disappointed when u mentioned alcohol after it though LOLLL :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom