What's your favourite nut?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favourite kind of nut?

• Almond

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Brazil nut

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Cashew

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Chestnut

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Hazelnut

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Macadamia nut

• Peanut (not technically a nut, but close enough!)

• Pecan

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Walnut

• Other (please share)

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
There are never enough Pecans in a can of mixed nuts..
I like all kinds but go for the Pecans first.

Dove said:
There are never enough Pecans in a can of mixed nuts..
I like all kinds but go for the Pecans first.

ahhhhhhhhh!!!! that makes me, well, nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cannot stand when someone picks out certain things from nut mixtures. they are supposed to be eaten together, like a symphony.
dw picks all of the m&m's out of my trail mix. it makes me crazy...

My favorite two nuts weren't listed ( DH and pinenuts):LOL: So I chose cashews. But I enjoy most any nut and love to cook with them.

kadesma

I forgot about brazil nuts, but we only eat them from now until the Christmas nuts are gone. I got a huge bag to take to the farm since we will be celebrating Thanksgiving and some of our Christmas visiting at the same time.

amber said:
You! :mrgreen: Just kidding. Brazil nuts, cashews, macadamia. :)
No, I take that as a compliment - I do love all things "food" so why not be called a food :LOL: :chef::ROFLMAO:

I now have a midnight hankering for some nuts...wish we had some cashews around, but I think theres some almonds I can nibble, perhaps with some raisins, I love nuts and dried fruit together!

urmaniac13 said:
That is exactly my sentiment GB... only that I would drop pecan for the same reason you gave for walnuts... these two have sort of similar taste and mostly interchangeable, and I prefer the flavour of walnuts...

I also had never made the connection between the similarities of walnuts and pecans. I just looked them up in a tree book and botanically they are very similar, whaddyaknow.

I was raised with a black walnut tree in the back yard and never did like the flavor. In fact I avoided any walnut for decades because of my dislike for black walnuts. Then I discovered English Walnuts, toasted, and they are my current favorite nut, so versatile in cooking and baking..cashews used to be my favorite until I had an alarming allergic reaction to them. And I am impatiently waiting for my hazelnut/filbert bushes to grow up and start to bear, they could be my next favorite.

Oh, I voted for walnut

I love em all to be honest, but if God said all nuts would vanish except the one you choose, it would be a toss up between, Cashews or Pistachio, and I`de probably try to sneak past Pecans while he wasn`t looking :)

Pistachios would probably win if HAD TO choose, but they would be in the shell and salted types :)

Though I love all of the nuts listed, my favorite snacking nut is the cashew. It has a rich, sweet flavor that is unequaled in the nut world;) . But I voted for the hazelnut. For me, it is a close second to the cashew in both flavor and texture. It is fairly easy to remove from the shell, and most importantly, it is incredible when combined with chocolate. Though the other nuts are great with chocolate as well, the unique cooling sensation of the hazlenut oils, along with the creamy texture, enhanse good chocolate to new levels.

And yes, I love pecans for pies, and with cookies, in nut breads, etc. And walnuts go well with everything that pecans go well with (except pecan pie). And cashews, along with peanuts are great to add to savory dishes. But you asked which nut was the favorite. And for me, because of its extraordinary affinity with chocolate, it has ot be the hazlenut.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

peas, peas, peas, peas
eating goober peas
goodness, how delicious,
eating goober peas.

anyone remember this song? altho, i've always heard the last line "we are all rejoicing, eating goober peas".

buckytom said:
peas, peas, peas, peas
eating goober peas
goodness, how delicious,
eating goober peas.

anyone remember this song? altho, i've always heard the last line "we are all rejoicing, eating goober peas".

We sng it with the same line stating, "how wonderfully deliscious, eating goober peas". It was a boy scout stape along with songs like "Pink Pajamas" and "Do Your Ears Hang Low".:ROFLMAO:

Those were good times when the youth were allowed to be more innocent, and there could be organizations for boys and girls that were seperate, and the two were not forced to be mixed. And there were organizations where gender mixing was allowed. So there was something for everyone.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I have different favorites for different purposes:

For general cooking, pine nuts
For general baking, pecans
For snacking, cashews

Back
Top Bottom