Adding Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hungry

Senior Cook
Interesting exprience Sunday.

I use the Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix with a few modifications for my Cinnamon Rolls.
TNT! Success every time. Very easy. Rolls light and very tasty.

I usually add my liquid ingredients,(egg, water and butter) together and bring them up to 115 F.
Mix my dry ingredients (yeast, flour, sugar (1T light brown sugar 1T regular cane sugar) ¼ t Cinnamon) , then incorperate the liquid ingredients.

After turning the dough out on my board and started the kneading I noticed the texture didn't feel right.
A quick review of the ingredients revealed I had forgotten the EGG.

Either toss the batch OR ADD the EGG.

I opted to add the EGG. A little slick, sticky, slimly mess but continued mixing with a kneading action, I finally got the egg worked in to my satisfaction.

IT WORKED!!!!

Don't be afraid to try a fix on a GOOF-UP

Enjoy

Good thinking! You had nothing to lose by adding the egg except maybe wasting the egg if it didn't work out.

A friend of mine once made a box of brownie mix and forgot the oil. She discovered the measuring cup of oil just after she put the brownies in the oven.

She pulled them out, poured the oil on top and baked them.

You could hardly notice.

Forgetful!!

jennyema said:
A friend of mine once made a box of brownie mix and forgot the oil. She discovered the measuring cup of oil just after she put the brownies in the oven.

She pulled them out, poured the oil on top and baked them.

You could hardly notice.
--------------------------------------------------
jennyema
That remindes me of one Thanksgiving my daughter made Brownies and forgot the egg.

Needless to say the pan could not be cleaned. I think the Brownie molded with the galss!!

Charlie

Last edited:
I've used that hot roll mix before to make cinnamon rolls but never thought to add an egg will try that next time, I have added sugar and vanilla to mix and a whole lot more cinnamon to the spread that goes inside

Back
Top Bottom