Beef Tenderloin Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I have a beef tenderloin roast left from the 4.21# $4/# tenderloin I bought myself for Christmas. It's about 2#.

I want to cook it like prime rib so that it's perfectly pink through using the No Peek method Kayelle :chef: suggested.

I need suggestions as to how long and what temperature to use.

I'll be thin slicing some to use in cuban style pressed sandwiches, so I want it really pink so as to not overcook. I like roast beef sandwiches warm, with melty cheese.

I do this with venison backsrtaps: Heat oven to 375 degrees. On the stove top , heat butter in a cast iron pan and brown seasoned meat on all sides. Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Let rest , then slice to your liking.

That's a tough call. It is such an uneven piece of meat you have to be careful. I would cut the large half and use it for roasting. Like chateaubriand. The thinner half could be cut into pieces and fried on high heat, quickly, and eaten with eggs.....

Last edited:
That's a tough call. It is such an uneven piece of meat you have to be careful. I would cut the large half and use it for roasting. Like chateaubriand. The thinner half could be cut into pieces and fried on high heat, quickly, and eaten with eggs.....

I bought a whole tenderloin for Christmas dinner. The big end will be roasted for dinner and the other end will be cut into filets mignon for future meals.

I bought a whole tenderloin for Christmas dinner. The big end will be roasted for dinner and the other end will be cut into filets mignon for future meals.
Yeah. Something like that. The thinner end will be done way sooner than the thicker half. Not good if you like med rare. I used to go to a restaurant that had eggs and tenderloin tips on the menu. It was great.

Yeah, you have the use the tip for odds and ends unless you butterfly and tie it and make a small steak.

I do have an even piece cut from the large end - about 2#.

(The tip piece is stewing in the crockpot.) A few steaks made their way onto my plate.

Back
Top Bottom