Brining II...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otter

Sous Chef
After doing my first brining with Audeo and mudbug on a turkey, I finally got around to trying it on pork chops. Typically, I had been searing them in a pan and finishing in an oven. This time I brined them overnight and just put them in the oven on a broiler pan. They were incredibly moist, and it you're tired of dry pork chops, you ought to give it a try.

Otter, if you have been getting them dry, try broiling them for 7 minutes a side, as you would as steak...(I'm thinking thick chops, here)...but yes, brining will add to the juiciness, too!

I think brining is such a great and easy step to take and really adds a lot to meats!

Otter, what did your pork chop brine consist of?

I did the same thing last week, Otter. Brined some pork loin chops (about an inch thick) for four hours (using salt, maple syrup and garlic), then grilled them. Without question, they were incredibly moist and the most tender chops I can remember. I am truly hooked on brining now! ;)

GB said:
I think brining is such a great and easy step to take and really adds a lot to meats!

Otter, what did your pork chop brine consist of?

I'm not as adventurous as Audeo - I just did a basic salt the first time to see what it would be like. Thinking salt and sugar the next time and maybe The Full Monty the third time.

GB said:
Yeah, just ask Jamie Oliver :shock:
I know he was called The Naked Chef but didn't know why. I've only watched him a few times - it was when the gave the kids a chance to learn how to become a chef and most of them totally screwed up a great opportunity to better themselves.

Otter said:
GB said:
I know he was called The ***** Chef but didn't know why. I've only watched him a few times - it was when the gave the kids a chance to learn how to become a chef and most of them totally screwed up a great opportunity to better themselves.

okay. my computer ate my last message...
i had always assumed that the title of that show was meant to imply that jaime oliver was paring cooking down to the bare essentials. just my own interpretation.

luvs_food said:
Otter said:
GB said:
I know he was called The ***** Chef but didn't know why. I've only watched him a few times - it was when the gave the kids a chance to learn how to become a chef and most of them totally screwed up a great opportunity to better themselves.

okay. my computer ate my last message...
i had always assumed that the title of that show was meant to imply that jaime oliver was paring cooking down to the bare essentials. just my own interpretation.

It probably is. What my comment was referring to was the valentines day meal he cooked for his wife last year (at least I think that is what it was). He took the name of his show seriously and had a bit of a minor, although painful accident. I don't recall exactly what happened, but I think some hot water or something splashed on a very sensitive part.

Back
Top Bottom