Broasted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many years ago, in a land far away ... OK, it was in the 60s, and my family was moving (as we did all the time, Dad was in the military), we found this bizarre little restaurant where they made fried chicken. It was in the south somewhere, on a wet day (of the type you only have in the south), and the two elderly ladies running the place called it the Colonel's Kentucky Fried Chicken. And it was; one of the early restaurants of the now famous chain. The "secret" to KFC, they told us, was the chicken is cooked in a pressure cooker. It burns my fanny that I cannot get broasted chicken in Galena since it is a midwestern specialty. I tend to think of it as fried, but with less batter (NOT like KFC, which I love as well). It reminds me of the fried chicken I used to eat as a kid in Germany, and later in Slovenia on vacation. Not a lot of batter, but a lot of tender chicken and crisp skin.

KFC is the worse chicken I have eaten here in northern MN. There is no pride anymore in KFC. Usually very greasy or raw near the bone.Will never eat it again. Chester fried is so much better. Love brosted chicken

If we eat fried chicken, we eat it at home. I don't like skin on my chicken and if you get it anywhere all the goody is stuck to the skin, so you still don't get the taste, therefore, I cook my own with NO skin. I suppose everyone leaves it on so the pieces look bigger. I don't understand why there hasn't been a call to battle about this since the skin isn't that good for you anyway!

Back
Top Bottom