Chocolate Chips In Food Processor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sassy

Assistant Cook
Is it okay to shave frozen chocolate chips in a food processor?

I dont see why it would be a problem if people are using frozen berries in the food processor.

I wonder how that would turn out....

I don't know if they would be 'shaved' before they melted, but I am thinking of the bottom blade.

Maybe if you used a veggie slicer or grater blade, it might work.

I think I'd go buy a candy bar and shave that with a veggie peeler.

Whatcha making? That might help. :-p :)

I don't think you will be able to get shavings from chips. They are just too small. I doubt it would work in the FP anyway. Chips are inexpensive though so buy a bag and give it a shot. I would freeze them first so that there is less chance of them melting, which I think would be a big possibility using the FP.

It is, because its a motor. So obviously it will create heat.
So GB is right, freeze them.

Me too.
D'oh!

It's GBs fault! I read his post thinking that he didnt say frozen.
:P

heehee :D I got away with it. *funky dance*

I have a hand held food chopper where the motor is on top and I used it to "grate" chocolate chips. It came out in small chunks slightly bigger than sprinkles. It worked for the recipe I was making at the time but didn't really "shave" it. If you want curly-q's I'd go with the veggie peeler on a candy bar or other blocks of chocolate.

sassy said:
Is it okay to shave frozen chocolate chips in a food processor?

Yes - it would be, except that the "chips" are too small to be "shaved" and generally shaving chocolate uses something like a vegetable peeler or a knife to "shave" it into wide thin strips or curls.

If you're just trying to break down the chips into smaller pieces .... assemble your food processor with the steel-blade attachment (placing the workbowl and blade in the freezer for an couple of hours will help reduce heat) .... add the chips ... them "pulse" until they are as find as want.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom