Convection VS ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gcarty

Assistant Cook
Hello to everyone!

I have been considering a commercial convection oven, produced by Convotherm, and would like to know if anyone has experience with their so-called "grilling" option.

I have also thought about an indoor Garland chargrill/brioler but I am worrierd about the ventilation required because of flame-ups.

Any suggestions?

in the US one cannot install such commercial appliances in the average home. An industrial type building would have to be constructed or renovated. You do need hefty ventilation and fire suppression equipment with commercial applianes.

Even the home "professional style" equipment such as Viking and Wolf, THermador, DCS, etc require really good ventilation.

I forgot to mention, it's not for a home. :) It's for a small deli and ventilation is a serious problem because it's a historic building (aka DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ). For this reason the convection oven is being considered. If it provides decently "grilled" chicken breasts it would be a nice option. Otherwise we have also thought about using a double contact grill (similar to a foreman?) with a charcoal reventilation system.

Anyone have experience with a similar setup?

Back
Top Bottom