Cooking Creole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. Sounds like someone just has to be right all the time. I would suggest someone take those fifty paces and just keep walking until they calm down.

"Some people"? Come on, Addie, out with it. Put on your big girl panties and speak directly to people if you have something to say.

Seems to me that the disagreement is about the Creole cuisine. Cajun ancestry doesn't make someone expert in Creole cuisine.

That's your trouble, you believe people like CNN - :ROFLMAO:

The author, who wrote that FOR CNN, has a day job of writing/reporting for the New Orleans Gambit. Yeah, that person knows absolutely nothing about LA culture/history. Besides the author of the 1 article that is/was the director of the LA Folklife program and wrote 1 of the articles cited.

Family history (folklore) has a way of not quite being the whole story or even flat out wrong sometimes. Reminds me of the party game where somebody starts out a story and by the end of the evening, after it gets around the room, it can bear anywhere from some resemblance to absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to the original story.

Are you going to believe second and third hand stories and myths, or someone who has lived that life and has firsthand knowledge of what I'm talking about.
I'm through with you muttonheads...

I'm certainly not splitting hairs here. I just want my Louisiana style (and dare that lean towards Central and South America, so be it) cooking to get better. The more the merrier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom