cooking two things at once

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherrie22

Assistant Cook
Tomorrow for thanksginving, I need to cook a couple of side items that can't be cooked before hand. I need to cook the turkey at 325 degrees, and I need to cook the side items at 350 degrees. Would it be okay if I cooked my side items at 325 degrees? (the side items are sweet potato crisp and spinach broccoli dip) Or should I cook them today and then just warm them up tomorrow? Thanks for responding.

Sherrie

:)

Welcome aboard!

The 25 degree temperature difference won't make a difference to your sides. Go ahead and cook them all together.

I agree with Andy...no problem about the temp. If you want to crisp up your crisp, just stick it under the broiler (not too close), for a few minutes right before you serve it.

BTW, your dip sounds good! I'd love to have the recipe.

Last edited:
I wouldn't cook those items ahead of time & reheat them. When you do that, the stuff tends to dry out & get browner than you might like it to when you are reheating.

Like I said in another thread - don't forget that your turkey needs to sit for 20-30 minutes before you carve it, so the juices can redistribute. Just tent it with foil. Maybe that will give you enough time to cook your sides.

I'd love to see your recipe for the Broc/Spinach Dip, too. :)

That's what I do, Corinne, the turkey has to sit before carving and carving takes a while. So after the turkey, I put in casseroles that take about 40 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom