Couple of brining questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CharlieD said:
I do not know why whould anybody brine pork chops. Pork is such a tender meat. All it needs proper time for cooking.
Brining is not just about tenderness. It is about flavor. It is a way of seasoning the meat throughout.

CharlieD said:
I do not know why whould(sic) anybody brine pork chops. Pork is such a tender meat. All it needs proper time for cooking.

:pig:Brining is also about getting more moisture into the meat. This step wasn't necessary when hogs were raised as much for their lard as their flesh but along came the fat scare/lowfat craze of health minded folks who want to live forever and never get sick (good luck to them!;)) leaving us true pork lovers with very lean, very dry meat. Brining works around that issue.:pig:

CharlieD said:
I do not know why whould anybody brine pork chops. Pork is such a tender meat. All it needs proper time for cooking.

Brining also makes the meat more forgiving in case I overcook it, something I keep doing unintentionally with pork chop :)

CharlieD said:
It really is a pointless argument. I don't even eat pork.

But you did comment. And others may benefit from these answers to your comment that explain brining further.

Well, I used to eat it until recently. Also, I should step back and kind of make it clear, that I am specifically do not see any need to brine Pork Chops. Not necessary other parts of pork.

Back
Top Bottom