375 Degrees or Bust
I have a home style deep fryer and find that it is a good tool. You need to fry at 375 to get suitable crispness, good to use a candy thermometer as many of the home machines have only dial type thermostats and the temps can be off +/- 50 degrees or more. A good method to fry chicken is to
1. Dry the pieces with a paper towel
2. Coat with flour, don't miss any spots.
3. Dip in an egg wash of 1 egg and 1 Tablespoon water, pinch of salt.
4. Dredge thru a mixture of 1 cup flour and 1 cup crushed corn flakes.
5. Fry in your fryer set at 275 degrees for 10 minutes.
6. Remove and drain on paper towels. Allow to rest 15 minutes.
7. Increase the temperature to 375 degrees and test with your thermometer, then fry for another 10 minutes or until you are satisfied with the color (varies with oil types and how many pieces you are frying).
Result will be very crispy and quite moist.
Good Luck and Good Cooking.
I'd Rather Cook Than Eat!