Don't want to freeze ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lets cook

Assistant Cook
I have a nice boneless pork roast about 4.5 lbs. I want to know can I cook it half way through and then freeze. I was thinking on the day I what to cook it through I can 1.) slow cook it in my crock
2.) cook it conventionally in the oven

Any suggestions out there? I can't wait to hear this my first question on the forum.:chef:

why don't you freeze it now?

It seems a strange idea to me, have never thought abut that..

btw... welcome ;o)

I don't want to cook a bnls pork roast about 4.5 lbs I did not cook it when I thought I would. it is still fresh and i want to know can i cook it half way and freeze it then? If I can I was thinking slow cooking iton the day I will serve it or just cook it in the oven .

Any suggestions our there?
:angel::chef:

I think you would be better off to freeze it raw and just cook it when you need it. I think the flavor would suffer if you were to cook it halfway and freeze it.

I bought it in the middle of the week and did not use it due to a change in plans.
have you thought about it do you think or should I just freeze now do you think the taste will suffer .I just might cook it today for tonight.

Either one will work. Today is kind of your "do or die" day though. You need to do something with it if you bought it midweek. I'd go with cooking it and then having some nice leftovers for a couple of days! ;)

There are a gazillion great pork recipes on here if you need some ideas.

Thats just what I will do ,thanks for your thoughts ! Next time I will ask if everyone will be home for dinner before buying. Sometimes our eyes are bigger then our stomachs.
I'm off to my kitchen to prep the roast for later.
Thanks and have a nice weekend

Back
Top Bottom