Extra Crispy Waffles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guts

Senior Cook
To make waffles extra-crispy, use any waffle recipe, then:
Beat egg whites separately, as if for meringue; set aside
When rest of the batter is prepared, then gently fold in the beaten egg
whites
Cook as usual
:)

Fantastic Idea Kim~~~

I'll pass this on to my sister (who is the only member of the family who regularly makes waffles) :)

I agree! I bought my mom a waffle iron a few years ago, and she is now the Waffle Queen! She makes all sorts of waffles, even savory! She made one with bacon, onions, peppers, one time, and served with a light cheese sauce.... YUM! I will have to suggest this to her and see what new and exciting breakfasts she has to offer hahahaa!

Around these parts, I'm the pancake king, no fooling. But though my wafles taste great, I have an absolutely miserable time getting them out of the waffle iron. The bottom comes up ok, but the top usually sticks like crazy.

I could use some help here all of you waffle pro's. I don't have as much problem when I'm making Belgian, yeast risen waffles. But when I make the more tender variety, using baking powder as the levening agent, they just pull apart while I'm trying to remove them.

Any foolproof help would be appreciated. And yes I do oil both the tip and bottom grids with cooking oil before adding the batter. And this is supposed to be non-stick. I wish I could find an old waffle iron with cast-iron grids, like my grandpa had. The waffles never stuck to the grids. I detest non-stick!:mad:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed-

I add melted butter to my wet ingredients (bit-o-brandy too). This solved my sticking problem.

Also, make sure that you waffle irons hetaing elements are working. I had an issue such as yours and it turned out to be a bad heating element.

Mark

Is there a way to make waffles with out a waffle maker? Can I just make the batter and then cook it like a pancake?

I've been thinking about making some cornmeal waffles and serving chili over them. We almost always have cornbread with our chili so I thought this would be a little different. Has anyone ever tried it?

Back
Top Bottom