"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Terms & Techniques

Old 04-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #41
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbasiszta View Post
Yeah, that was me - in any city in the world you like. Best way to make a hot dog. Just my "dos centavos".
hello sweetie.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #42
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
hello sweetie.
I guess I am forever trying to recreate the perfect hot dog anyone can buy at "Casper's", in California.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #43
Executive Chef

Sam's

Has anyone tried Sam's hot dogs? They sell them at a stand in Sam's and I have no idea if we were really hungry but they were like a steak to us. We wanted to get some last nite but they close at 8:30! It was 8:25 and the parking lot attendant said they were closing. What disappointment! The brand is Nathan's hot dogs. I got some at store but they can't compare to flavor that Sam's has.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #44
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Has anyone tried Sam's hot dogs? They sell them at a stand in Sam's and I have no idea if we were really hungry but they were like a steak to us. We wanted to get some last nite but they close at 8:30! It was 8:25 and the parking lot attendant said they were closing. What disappointment! The brand is Nathan's hot dogs. I got some at store but they can't compare to flavor that Sam's has.

What/where is Sam's? How did they cook them?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #45
Executive Chef

Don't know Sam's dogs. Costco's are pretty good, especially for the price!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #46
Executive Chef

My favorite dogs are Oscar Meyer and i prefer them roasted over an open fire. Yummy!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #47
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
This is what happens when I am in hurry. SO SORRY! Here I go again just assuming that everyone has Sam's Club in their town. We are members of Sam's Club. While shopping we stopped to get one of the hot dogs they were selling. I thought the lady told us t h ey were Nathan's hot dogs. Did not see how t hey were cooking them but they were very very good. Again apologize for leaving out main detail. Sam's Club is where we had out hot dogs. We ate them at the store.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #48
Master Chef

i'm not sure if we have sam's club close to me (i have heard of it, owned by walmart) but we have bj's and costco near here.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #49
Certified Pretend Chef

You can get Nathan's at other places besides Sam's Club. My supermarket carries them.

My local Costco carries Hebrew National. They are also good but I think they are too salty.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #50
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
You can get Nathan's at other places besides Sam's Club. My supermarket carries them.
yup and i think target has a food counter that sells nathan's dogs.