Favorite Hot Dog Cooking Technique

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the first things I ever cooked was the hotdog omelet. Diced hotdogs in eggs. I was 7 and mom was watching tv and "resting her eyes". She rested her eyes alot.

I love them gently grilled over charcoal. Start with them off the coals until the are red hot and then finish ove the coals to blacken (at least one side).

I usually have a variety of fixins but all combinations of fixins will involve ketchup.

Got a jar of Giardinair? Pulse it in a food processor for Giardinair relish!!

There is a place very near my home that is famous for its hotdogs, Gene and Jude's. They don't allow ketchup on the dogs. I was banned from the place for going next door to McDonald's and bringing back ketchup packets. They don't even allow it in the building. I think his wife had an affair with a Heinz saleman. :mad:

Steamed in a spicy water; steamed buns; onion and tomato wedges; mustard and pickle relish. NO ketchup. hahahah
Marty in Panamá.

Chicago-style Ripper: Deep fried Hot Dog, Neon Green Relish, and mustard!

One of two ways...

Cooked, or rather, charred on the grill served with ketsup and relish on a bun... OR from the hotdog lady on the corner, grilled dog served with grilled onions, pico de gallo, and avacado slices. It helps if the dog is wrapped bacon.

YUM. YUM. YUM.

From street vendors in either Philly or NYC. Grilled over charcoal with yellow mustard and ketchup or steamed with chili/coney sauce, cheese and onions.

94 ways to cook the humble hot dog. That's amazing. Jsut for fun, I'm going to start a new thread to find out how many ways you can make a BLT, and then, a PBJ, and then, a potted meat sandwich.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I take my hot dogs nuked, with brown mustard on a bun (preferably whole wheat). Without a bun, a hot dog is just another meat by-product.

Edit: I'm speaking about the practice of serving hot dogs on commercial sliced bread.

My humble way of enjoying hot dogs for supper:

1. Slice the sausages to thick slices, and line it on a dish.
2. Sliced big onions and put it on the sausages.
3. Steam for approximately 5 minutes. ( I use a wok and rack to steam it on high heat)
4. Dish up, sprinkle freshly grounded black peppers and served it with thousand island sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom