Good Way To Squeeze A Lime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I just saw a great idea on how to squeeze a lime or lemon. What you do is cut the lime in half as usual, then take out your tongs. Placed the lime half in the tongs towards the end where they connect and use the tongs sort of like a nut cracker. Just another reason to love your kitchen tongs :chef:

Thanks GB, I don't have a lot of strength in my hands so I had to take out the juicer every time I needed a small amount of lemon or lime juice. This will save a lot of time and be a lot easier to clean up.

I like a reamer, but haven't been able to find a new one. I don't know what happened to the one I had - got tossed out, I suppose. I don't have much strength in my hands either and have to use a juicer, but will try the method mentioned.

Sounds like GB has been watching "America's Test Kitchen"?

I saw that, too ... looks like a good idea. Just may have to make something like Baba Ganoush so I have a reason to squeeze some lemons. :LOL:

Actually I was watching Americas Test Kitchen, but I think this was on after that show. It was still PBS though.

Lugaru said:
I like bashing them with my forehead. For some reason Im having a hard time getting a kitchen job though.

You can work in my kitchen anytime.
:LOL: :mrgreen: :ROFLMAO:

GB said:
I just saw a great idea on how to squeeze a lime or lemon. What you do is cut the lime in half as usual, then take out your tongs. Placed the lime half in the tongs towards the end where they connect and use the tongs sort of like a nut cracker. Just another reason to love your kitchen tongs :chef:

I saw this demonstrated the other day on TV, but do not remember where. Great idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom